My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho, United States

I'm a part time cartoonist. My work has been published in childrens magazines, comic books, newspapers, magazines and role playing games. I'm always available for commisions. Look around and maybe leave a snide remark or two.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas Gift

Last night I drew a picture of my dad as a gift for Christmas. I don't normally like to do that because I feel like a cheapskate. For me, drawing is just something I do (sometimes not very well either).

It's natural.

Like pooping.

Who wants poop for Christmas?

My wife (bless her heart) tells me to quit being stupid (not really) and that people like that kind of thing. That it's really personal. I suppose. I love a gift of original art and have some really sweet pieces in my collection but that's different. It's somebody else's, I guess.
OK, this is really what my dad looks like. BIG handlebar mustache. Short. Tough. Hunting bear is about his favorite thing. Wasn't thrilled with the colors. All I had was colored pencil and Sharpie (of course). Let me know what you think.

2 Comments:

Blogger spacesick said...

Oh, that's nice! I'm sure he loved it.

Alot more heartfelt than another case of Fine Mustache Wax.

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure he liked the pic. Maybe you should post his real pic for a comparison.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home