My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho, United States

I'm a part time cartoonist. My work has been published in childrens magazines, comic books, newspapers, magazines and role playing games. I'm always available for commisions. Look around and maybe leave a snide remark or two.

Friday, January 20, 2006

APA-5 The World's Greatest APA

I've been a member of APA-5 for a really long time. Since the mid 90's I think.

So, what's an APA-5? It's a group of creators who put together monthly zines, send them out, critique each others work and do it all over again every month. OK, that's a crappy description but that's what you get. To really understand how it works follow the link on my blog page and it will tell you more.

One of the coolest things about it is it was the artistic birthplace of some of comics greatest creators. Frank Miller (Sin City), Mike Richardson (Dark Horse publisher), Randy Stradley (Dark Horse), Paul Chadwick (Concrete), Mark Verheiden (Time Cop), Chris Warner (Black Cross), Robin Ator (The Tick), and Steve Hess (PJ's) are just a few of the famous former "fivers".

When I first joined (I've been a member three different times) it was very underground and somewhat subversive, then it went through a superhero faze and now it's an eclectic mix of all sorts of things.

The following is a few of my covers that have been run over the years. Check out the dates on some of these.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home