My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho, United States

I'm a part time cartoonist. My work has been published in childrens magazines, comic books, newspapers, magazines and role playing games. I'm always available for commisions. Look around and maybe leave a snide remark or two.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Ten Ton Hobbits

Here's some goofy ass Hobbits I did for the Ten Ton Challenge. I don't know how well it will do, there's some good stuff going against it.
Here's the steps to the final:
The Pencils

The Inks

Color

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First you pencil, then you ink, then you color? That's where i've been screwing up all these years! Geez!! Love the overshadowed golem! Or is it another caricature of Wallace? Either way, good job. Here's a gold star for you. Now go to the head of the class.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Steve Willhite said...

Hey mister newlywed LaMeany! I thought you might like to see that. Actual size is close to 7 1/8 X 10 1/8. It's pretty small.

Lynn - I tried coloring, then pencil, then ink but the drawing would spontaneously combust. I do it this way now. My Gollum has more hair than Wallace and he doesn't wear as many pairs of underwear. heh

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home