My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho, United States

I'm a part time cartoonist. My work has been published in childrens magazines, comic books, newspapers, magazines and role playing games. I'm always available for commisions. Look around and maybe leave a snide remark or two.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Ten Ton Hippo

Here's a step by step of my latest Sketch Challenge entry. The charater is Hip Flask, a hippo detective from Image Comics.
This is the rough. This is a blown up photocopy of a ball point pen drawing.
These are the inks.
And now the finished drawing.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is "WOW" the coloring really does it good.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Steve Willhite said...

Thanks Anonymous!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Joshm said...

I liked this one most out of the rest, which if you don't hang out at Ten Ton you wouldn't understand me, but Steev does. Anyway, the biggest thing is the mood. Great job man!

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! It's a good thing you have talent, considering how ugly you are. (That was meant as a compliment, I think?)

6:52 PM  
Blogger Steve Willhite said...

Thanks, Josh. I sure got my butt kicked though, didn't I? :)


Lynn comes back and the first thing he does is insult me. Boo to you, mister. I think my next post will be "My Friend Lynn". It will have pictures too.

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey at least it got you to respond, which is more than my emails have gotten lately. Besides its not my fault your talented and ugly. Take that one up with the man upstairs.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home